700 Club (Television Program with Pat Robertson) shares Christopher's Miracle Story

The 700 Club with Pat Robertson

Christopher's miracle testimony was featured on the the February 4, 2014 episode of THE 700 CLUB. Please watch our VIDEO and share it with your friends and family.

Friday, August 16, 2013

"Alive and kicking!"

Ephesians 3:20  God can do anything, you know- far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams!

The intensive care nurse explained that Christopher was only allowed to have one adult visitor at a time.  He was critically ill, and what he needed most was rest.  She told us that he was hooked up to a lot of machines, and that even when a nurse was not in the room, he was being monitored at all times on video at the nurses station.  She said that this was often an overwhelming and scary thing for visitors to witness.  She suggested keeping visitation to close family members only.

She wasn't kidding about it being overwhelming and scary looking.  There were so many machines and monitors in the room that I could barely see Christopher, but I could hear him.  He wasn't crying.  He was kind of cooing, and kicking his little legs in the air.  When his eyes met mine they lit up like fireworks on the Fourth of July.  He recognized me instantly with a look that said "mommy, pick me up and hold me!"  He actually looked peaceful, but how could that be after all he had been through?

God's peace.
The surgeon must have been wondering the same thing.  He smiled at me and said that he couldn't explain it either.  I said that I thought he just must be so happy to be out of so much pain.  Whatever it was, seeing Christopher at peace was an amazing blessing.  It was God's handiwork, a real miracle, right there laying in a crib and dressed in nothing but a diaper!  God was just getting started doing miracles in Christopher's life.  This was not the first miracle, and it would definitely not be the last.

Then came the "wet blanket."  The surgeon reminded me that despite Christopher's obvious high spirits, his life was still in danger.  He had a raging infection and a huge open incision that both needed to heal.  It was going to be touch and go for awhile.  He needed time, rest, and antibiotics.

I told him that I understood his concerns, but I was already doing victory laps in my mind.  What I was really thinking was how thankful I was that God had brought Christopher through it all.  He had made Christopher really strong.  How could such a tiny, sick infant ever make it through something as terrible as this?  It was God!  He had guided the surgeon's hands and blessed Christopher with His healing grace!  My heart was leaping for joy inside my chest.  Christopher was "alive and kicking!"

If you have never accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, you can pray like this:



More tomorrow...
"Alive and kicking" on the swings!

"Alive and driving" the boat!

1 comment: