700 Club (Television Program with Pat Robertson) shares Christopher's Miracle Story

The 700 Club with Pat Robertson

Christopher's miracle testimony was featured on the the February 4, 2014 episode of THE 700 CLUB. Please watch our VIDEO and share it with your friends and family.

Friday, August 16, 2013

A complacent life is a wasted life.

      Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God!
                                                William Carey- Christian missionary


The alarm went off at 7:30 AM, but I didn't think about it.  I started making breakfast for Christopher, but it still didn't occur to me.  I actually sat with him, chatted about the upcoming day, and ate scrambled eggs with him, but it still didn't cross my mind.  I spent the rest of my day running errands, cleaning house, doing laundry, and preparing dinner.  Sadly, I didn't give it a second thought.  There were plenty of people that crossed my path, but I didn't tell them about it.  Opportunities found, but opportunities lost.

As I laid in bed that night waiting for sleep, I began to pray about my day.  That's when it hit me like a ton of bricks.  I had actually gone through my entire day without praising God for the miracle He had done in Christopher!  Had I forgotten about the amazing thing that He had done for my son?  How could I possibly forget?

I had actually eaten breakfast and dinner with Christopher.  I had watched him shovel in his food.  I had watched him enjoy the new tastes and textures of God's goodness, and yet I still hadn't given God the credit that He deserved.  God had done this huge, instant, undeniable miracle in my son, and yet I was moving through my day as if nothing special had happened at all.  It was just another day, another list of things that needed to be done.  Had I forgotten about the 17 long years of tube feeding?  Had I forgotten about that cool November morning when God smiled on Christopher and healed him?  How could I possibly ever forget something so big, so life changing, so soul changing?  What was wrong with me?  How could I be so absent-minded, so preoccupied?

The answer was simple.  I had become complacent, and my complacency had led to a dangerous place.  I had allowed myself to become distracted by my own agendas and "to do lists".  I had put my plans ahead of God's incredible gift.  My priorities had become misplaced and disorganized.  My complacency had led me to arrogance.  I had forgotten to be humble, and I had forgotten to honor God's gift by sharing it with others.

Luckily, God never forgets.  He never becomes complacent.  He never gets His plans and priorities mixed up.  Fortunately, He is always there to pick us up when we fall.  He is always there to remind us when we forget, and He is always there to guide us when we get off track.

As I lay there that night praying, God reminded me about the dangers of complacency.  He reminded me about His miracle and my responsibility to share it with as many people as possible.  I could hear God speaking to my heart.  I could hear Him as He quietly and sweetly spoke Psalm 46:10 to my soul..."Be still and know that I am God."


If you have never accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, you can pray like this:


More tomorrow...



















No comments:

Post a Comment